Hold on... let me just grab my cape.

Hold on... let me just grab my cape.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Day I Ate Fried Pickles For The First Time

Today's adventure took me, for the very first time, to Texas Road House. How I have never been there before is completely beyond me. Absolutely my new favorite restaurant. Peanut shells on the floor? I'm in.

That wasn't the only first for me tonight either... We ordered fried pickles for an appetizer.





Really? So good. Especially with ranch. Whoever came up with the idea of frying a pickle needs to be given some kind of award if they haven't already. Then I ordered one of my all time favorite things to eat - country fried steak. I'm used to the processed shit that they sell at IHOP and Denny's (a taste which I acquired in basic training) but this was the real deal. And a lot of it. This picture was after I had already eaten HALF of it. No joke.




This place meant business and I loved every minute of it.

Speaking of things that I love, our car is having some issues so my mom got a rental car in the mean time. Brand new Ford Focus. This thing is like a spaceship and I don't know how I'm going to go back to driving the POS Mazda that I have been chugging along in for the past year. That is not going to be a fun transition and here's hoping my mom decides to buy a new car and that it is exactly like the spaceship. Fingers crossed.

 Okay. Here we go:

THINGS I NEED TO DO BEFORE BED:
1.) Find a place for the transition board I made for my son
2.) Go through the free clothes that I got for the little guy off of Freecycle and wash the ones I'm keeping and bag up the ones I'm donating
3.) Fold laundry
4.) Make Bubbles
5.) Write letter to adopted soldier
6.) Remember to drop off paperwork at the farm next time I'm there (Monday)
7.) Practice speech
8.) Go through buckets in basement
9.) Make covers and spines for binders
10.) Make blank family schedule for fridge
11.) Put together "organizer" - binder, clipboard, note pad, notebook, schedule book, folder, pencil case (put current contents of pencil case in gallon ziplock)
12.) Blog    

Probability that any of this is going to get done: 5%
Probability that I'm going to put it off until tomorrow and just go to bed instead: 95%

Thank you ADHD for making me go to bed in a messy room. Really appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment